Monday 30 September 2013

September Favourites

Most of you are probably thinking the same as me, where has the time gone! It seems all of a sudden we are in the middle of Autumn. Never the less Autumn is my favourite season of the year, which means I have some great products which I have been loving throughout September to share with you...




 L'Oreal Infinium Lumiere hair spray has become not only a September favourite, but an all time favourite. I have worn it every day this month and it has changed the way I feel about hair sprays! I hate it when hair sprays leave your hair feeling sticky, and make your hair look like it is stuck together with no movement. However, this L'Oreal hair spray holds my curls in and keeps my heavy hair volumeised, without the horrible tacky feeling. When I use this hair spray it feels as if I have nothing in my hair which I think is amazing. It is definitely worth a try as it also comes in a HUGE bottle which will last you ages.

The Topshop Glow highlighter is a product which I have been eyeing up for quite a while. I am so happy I finally bought it as I have worn so much over the past month. When I swatched it in store I immediately thought it looked very similar to Benefits Whats up highlighter, which I was very excited about as the Topshop Glow is only £9. The colour is a beautiful champagne colour with a gold shimmer running through it. The highlighter comes in two colours Gleam which I have, and Polish which is more of a white colour.

Recently I have been trying to get a summer glow and I felt I needed a cream highlighter as opposed to a powder to achieve this look. The highlighter is very easy to apply. You just gently dip your finger into the pot, and then dab the product on  the top of your cheek bones. I then blend it in with my Real Techniques Stippling brush to make it look like more of a natural glow. The highlighter does have to be applied with caution as too much product may look a little unnatural as it is so pigmented. Topshop have done a great job on this highlighter as it could be compared to more high end products. I would love to try more of Topshops beauty products as I was so impressed by this one.

The Rimmel Sandaleyes in nude is something I have had for a fair few months, but during September I have found myself reaching for it almost everyday. This eyeliner is a gorgeous nude colour which I apply on my water line, normally when I am feeling a little tired and I want to look more awake. It instantly brightens up my face. The formula is lovely and creamy which means it applies without pulling your eyes, which is perfect for those early mornings! If the eyeliner does not already sound amazing to you, it is also waterproof, so it sticks around for quite a while. I have found myself applying the eyeliner around lunch time just to freshen up the colour. I think this products is amazing for a drug store product as normally light eye liners are white, which does not give a natural look. I also have the scandaleyes eyeliner in the colour taupe, which I smudge along my lash line. This is a fabulous product which will continue to stay in my makeup bag.

Almost every morning during September I have been picking up Mac's Shy Girl lipstick. The colour is a gorgeous soft peachy/nude which glides on your lips without putting any effort in. Shy Girl is A cremesheen so it has a shine to it which is lovely. The colour is quite sheer on the lips, but with just the right amount of colour if you do not want a bold lip. I have been pairing the lipstick with a day time appropriate smokey eye which I think compliments it perfectly. I just love love love this lipstick!

On nights out during September I have been reaching for Mac's Dare you lipstick. In the Autumn and Winter I love deep bold lips, which is exactly what this lipstick is. The colour is a beautiful deep red which I think is gorgeous! A full review on this lipstick will be up next week, so make sure you pop back and have a look.

I hope you enjoyed my September favourites, before you know it you will be reading my October favourites!

Yours faithfully

No comments:

Post a Comment