Monday 23 September 2013

Hair Masks



 Hair masks are a vital part of keeping my long hair in top condition, and to hopefully make it grow even longer! I have been trying out a number of different ones. Some are not so good, but others my hair could not life without...

I tend to use hair masks ones or twice a week depending on the condition of my hair. I use a couple of scoop fall's and smooth it into the long on my hair, avoiding my roots. I then get on with shaving my legs (or what ever) and after a couple of minutes I wash it out.

VO5 treat me right - I bought this hair mask because I love the VO5 miracle oil, so I was expecting good things from this mask. The hair mask smells SO amazing as the mask includes avocado oil, argan oil, apricot oil, grape seed oil, and jojoba oil, which I was instantly attracted to. However, when I used the hair mask it was a different story. When I was in the shower it felt like any other hair mask, but when I got out my hair had a lot more knots than it normally has. When I finished blow drying my hair it still felt dry at the ends and was not shinny at all. I was not very impressed with the hair mask, and I would not recommend it. Although, I would be interested to see if it works for any other type of hair.

Herbal essence beautiful ends - My hair has not always been as long and as in good condition as it is now. Once upon a time, when I was 17 (5 years ago) my hair was in very bad condition. The length was above my shoulders and it was very damaged due to hair dye and lots of straightening. To help with my hair my Mum kindly bought me this hair mask. It is a creamy formula which you use after shampooing. It leaves my hair very soft and shinny. After using it around twice a week for 2/3 months my hair started to show great improvements. I think this is an excellent drug store hair mask which I always recommend to my friends. I always have it in my hair care basket and I will continue to repurchase it because I love it so much!

L'Oreal Absolut repair cellular - This hair mask is amazing! It is a slightly harder in consistency compared to the last hair masks, but works in the same way. When I used this mask it made my hair look very shinny, and it felt beautifully soft and thick. When I got out of the shower my hair was not even tangled which is fantastic. Whenever I use it I just can not stop touching my hair. This is such a wonderful product I could not recommend it enough.

Last, and by no means least is the Philip Kingsley Elasticizer. I have been eyeing this up for ages after reading lots of fantastic reviews. Unfortunately it is quite expensive and as I have been a student for the past three years I could not quite justify it. When I was walking past he magazine stand in Tesco I seen a mini version of it in Octobers issue of Instyle magazine, which I picked up in a heart beat as I was so excited to try it. The mask is slightly different to ones I have previously used as you have to wet your hair, then walk around with a shower hat on, getting on with what ever you have to do before getting back into the shower to shampoo your hair. After using it my hair did not have a single knot which is amazing for me! My hair was also SO soft that I kept asking my poor boyfriend to smooth my hair. I also loved the beautiful shine it gave my hair! Despite the high price tag I can not believe I did not purchase this product as it is heaven in a pot! It would be a lovely treat for yourself, or it would make a lovely present. If you want a luxurious treatment, this is definitely the one for you!

Yours faithfully

No comments:

Post a Comment