Monday 16 September 2013

My all time favourites

As this is my first post I thought I would introduce my all time favourites. Many products come and go from my beauty collection but these ones have stuck around for quite some time...


Some of these products I have repurchased SO many times, but for the others, as soon as I finish them I will be running to the shops as I now can't live without them (a little sad I know).

Maybelline Falsies Mascara Volum' Express. I love anything and everything to do with eye lashes, but at the same time I am very fussy when it comes to a good mascara. Although I do confess I am not very experimental when it comes down to it. Without meaning to boast (as I count my lucky stars every day) I do have naturally long and curly lashes so I do tend to go for mascaras with a big wand and a thick formula to hold them up. Previous to the Maybelline mascara my all time favourite was the Rimmel Max Volume Flash mascara, but around six months ago I was feeling a little experimental and picked up the Maybelline Falsies. I had heard a number of good things about it, and OH MY they were right! I absolutely love, love, love this mascara and the way it makes my lashes look so long and full! I also love the fact that the writing on the product does not rub off as I think this makes a product appear really cheap (I told you I was fussy). Secondly I love that the wand is curved as it gives my lashes this amazing lift which stays all days. This mascara can be applied with a few coats for a more natural look, or with quite a few more coats for a more dramatic look which creates a more clumpy look although not in a horrible way. I have repurchased this product and already have a back up for the second it runs out.  


Mac Lipstick, Hue. I have a forever growing Mac lipstick collection, but I just seem to reach for this lipstick all the time. It is a beautiful light pink/nude colour, which mutes out the lips. Although not in a foundation lips kind of way, but instead a natural lip colour. The finish of the lipstick is a glaze so the colour is quite sheer. I feel as if this lipstick goes with a large amount of colour blushes and can be worn with subtle or dark eye makeup which makes it really versatile. The only down side of the colour is that I do have to be a little careful when I have a deep tan in the summer time. In some lights it can look a little pale, but as soon as my tan fades a little this lippy is straight back on my lips. I would highly recommend this colour for anyone who has not got this shade in their collection! It's a must have for you all you nude lip lovers.


Mac Blush, Springsheen. I have a fair few blushes in my collection, but this one is by far my most loved, as you can probably tell from how much I have used! This was my first Mac blush I bought which I purchased on a complete whim, which I am so glad I did. It is a sheertone shimmer blush which is a beautiful coral/pink colour with a gold sheen running through it, which is not too glittery. I absolutely love it on my light olive colour skin in the winter and in the summer, although it would suit many other different skin tones as well. It gives me a really lovely colour to my cheeks as I naturally don't have that. The sheen also brightens up my face, giving me a very healthy glow which is always a good thing. Due to the sheen it makes my daily routine quicker as you do not need a highlighter with it, which tops off its amazing - ness!

Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. I have very oily skin, although not 'problem' skin, so for me a long wear foundation is essential as I do not like foundation sliding off my face or having to reapply throughout the day. This foundation is my saviour! I discovered this foundation when I was 16. Back then I had even more oily skin and a few spots (as we all had). I have found applying it with a Real Technique Buffing Brush gives it the most natural and 'perfect skin' finish. It is described on the Boots website as 'lightweight', but it is not. It is a full coverage foundation which hides spots, redness, and any imperfection you do not want on show (Amazing!). It claims it lasts 12 hours on the skin which it definitely does even on my skin. My skin even looks perfect in the early hours of the morning after a nigh out. I find I do not even need a primer or powder which makes putting your makeup on a lot quicker. When wearing this foundation I also do not need to top up during the day. Although it is not top of my agenda in a foundation, it does have SPF 10 which is good protection for your skin. However, some people claim it breaks them out, but I have never encounter any problems.

Now I am 21 and my skin is in a much better condition I do not need such a full coverage everyday. I now use this foundation for nights out, meals or any where that I know I will be taking pictures. I use the shade 3N1 Ivory Beige 10, which is two shades darker than my normal colour as I normally fake tan when I go out. I am so thankful for this foundation as it has given the illusion I have perfect skin, which is what we all want right! I would definitely recommend this foundation to any of you girls who have oily skin, problem skin, looking for a going out foundation, or who just simply want perfect skin.

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light Foundation. As I previously mentioned since I was 16 my skin has improved quite a lot, so I thought it made sense to try the light version of my most loved foundation. I have never looked back! I wear this foundation everyday and I am not sure that anything could replace it (very extreme I know). I wear colour 2.0 which matches my skin perfectly in the winter and I am a 3.0 or 4.0 in the summer. Same as the double wear foundation, I find the best way to apply this foundation is with the Real Techniques Buffing Brush. This foundation claims to last an even  longer time of 15 hours, which again it most definitely does. I do not wear a primer or powder with this foundation as it simply does not need it, as it will not budge. Throughout summer I have been enjoying a slightly more dewy look with my Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser, Oil Free. So lately I have been mixing the two as the Double Wear Light Foundation can look a little matte. It you don't want to splash out on a high end tinted moisturiser as well, any would work just to give your face that glow. On the packaging it describes it as a sheer/medium coverage, but I would say it is a more medium/to full coverage. Although this foundation is no where near as heavy as the Double wear foundation and it gives a natural finish, but still covers blemishes and problem areas. Again this foundation is a SPF 10 for all you who love to protect your skin! Even though this is my most loved foundation and I could write pages about how amazing it is, I do prefer the packaging of the Double wear foundation as this foundation is in a plastic tube and is not so luxurious. To conclude you need this foundation in your life! 

The makeup bag is a new makeup bag which I think is absolutely beautiful, which I bought from Laura Ashley (Link). I bought it a couple of weeks ago and I could not stop staring at it. It has two compartments, one which I put makeup in, and the other has little compartments for makeup brushes which I think is such a handy idea. I use this bag for my everyday makeup which I take with me in my hand bag.  

Hope you enjoyed reading my first post about my most loved beauty products. What are your most loved beauty products?


Yours Faithfully


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment