Sunday 10 November 2013

The magic smoky eye trick

I am a girl who loves to wear eye shadows. However, I find it difficult to keep things neat on the outer corner of my eye when I am creating a smoky eye. Recently when I was reading one of my favourite beauty blogs, Amelia Liana from Liana Beauty revealed her secret of how to create the perfect smoky eye. I have tried and tested it, and I have to say it is amazing!


The secret was to place post-it stickers on the outer corner of your eye, diagonally to meet the end of your natural eye brow. The sticky note then acts as a barrier from any eye shadow to create a neat, fine edge. If you are like me and not very neat when it comes to applying eye shadow, this will make such a huge difference to your makeup as it does not matter if you apply eye shadow on the sticker. If a clean edge is something you are not keen on, once you have removed the sticker you can use a clean blending brush to buff out any harsh lines. You can also use the sticky note to create the perfect flick with your eye liner. As Amelia suggested, it is completely fool proof, so you should give it a try!
I picked up my Post-It Index Sticky Notes in WH smiths (Link). I specifically like these stickers because they come in a cute little plastic case, which makes it really easy to just throw into my makeup drawer. They also do not pull on the skin when you remove them, it is like they were made for applying eye shadow!
Yours Faithfully
 
 

2 comments:

  1. wow this is a really good tip! I'll definitely try this out - thanks for sharing! x

    www.ohsoaddictedtobeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, yes you should try it. It will make your eye makeup look wonderful! xx

      Delete