Monday 11 November 2013

Graduation Day

As some of you may know, on Thursday 7th November I Graduated from University. At a large event like this it is very important to be photo ready, so wanted to share with you my beauty picks...


I went to The University of Gloucestershire, and graduated with a Bsc Hons degree in Psychology and Criminology. Although the course was extremely tough at times, I thoroughly enjoyed the experience and I would recommend it to anyone!  
As Graduation was one of the proudest days of my life, I wanted to make sure my makeup looked extra special! For my makeup base I chose to wear Laura Mercier Radiance Foundation Primer, to give me a pretty glow on camera. For foundation I wanted a fuller coverage, so I opted for Estee Lauder Double Wear foundation in colour Ivory Beige, (which I raved about here!). To cover and highlight my under eye area I used Nars Radiant Creamyconcealer in shade vanilla and YSL Touche Éclat in shade 1, (full review here). To contour my face I used the Sleek ContourPalette in shade light. I absolutely love this product to contour my face with, as the brown is an ashy colour as opposed to an orange brown, which gives the face natural looking shadows. For blush I used my favourite colour Springsheen from Mac (full review). It looked really pretty on my cheeks because it has a slight sheen to it. To highlight my cheek bones I used Macs Mineralised Skin Finish in colour Soft and Gentle, which really compliments my skin tone and highlights my face wonderfully. 

Now onto my eye makeup! For my eyes I created a brown smoky eye using my latest trick, which you can see here! To create this look I started with the Rimmel Exaggerate Undercover ShadowPrimer, which I have been very impressed with as it keeps my eye shadow in place all day, and its really affordable, which makes it even better! I then used an MUA eye shadow in shade matte 17. This colour is a really good skin colour to use as an eye shadow base to correct the colour of your eye lids, plus it is only £1! I then used my Mac eye shadows named Woodwink (4th from left, 1st row), Dazzle Light (1st from left, 1st row), Cork (5th from left, 1st row), Charcoal Brown (1st from left, 2nd row), and Mystery (5th from left, 2nd row). Also, with Mystery smudged under my eyes. I also forgot to include in the Pictures the two eyeliners I used (oops!). I used Benefits Magic Ink on my lash line, which I think is such an amazing eyeliner. I also used Dior crayon waterproof Long-Wear Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil in Black on my water line, which is another fab eyeliner that lasts all day. I finished my eyes off with Maybelline The Volum' Express Mascara Falsies, which gives my lashes lots of length and volume. (Post here).  

To finish my look I used Maybelline ColorSensational Lip Liner in Sweet Pink, which perfectly matched my favourite lip colour, Mac's Hue (review here).

Here are some more of my pictures from my day...


Dress: Zara, Shoes: Topshop, Bag: Michael Kors, Watch: Michael Kors,
Bracelets: Tiffany and Co 


 
My Sister Katie from what-katiesays.com  

Yours Faithfully
 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Came across your blog on Beauty and the Blog's advertisements - your blog is lovely :) Congratulations on graduating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :), I hope you enjoy reading it! And thank you again x

      Delete
  2. you look amazing!! your major sounds really interesting and impressive! xoxo Annika~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's very lovely :). It was a very interesting course! X

      Delete
  3. Congrats on Graduating! I too just graduated and it is the best feeling in the world to have accomplished such a big task! Love your blog and photos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, congratulations to you as well :) x

      Delete