Sunday 1 December 2013

My Hair Care Routine

For a while now people have been asking me what products I use on my hair, how I got my hair to grow, and what my secret is. The big secret is ...
There isn't one! I just use a few simple steps every time I wash my hair, and I make sure I really look after it. I will take you through a step by step of all the products I use ...

I very often change my shampoo and conditioners, and switch between more affordable drug store ones and higher end ones. At the moment I am trying out good old Herbal Essences Hello Hydration Shampoo and conditioner. I really love this shampoo and conditioner! Not only is it really affordable and is often on special offer at Tesco, it makes my hair incredibly smooth and makes my hair feel like it has had a good wash. The conditioner is also very nourishing and has helped improve the condition of my hair. The products also smell divine, as they smell of coconuts which reminds me of being on holiday!

I wash my hair every two to three days (I know its a long time!). Also once every one to, two weeks I will use a clarifying shampoo. I use this to get rid of product build up in my hair to make my hair squeaky clean, and to avoid making my hair look like it is stuck to my head. Using a clarifying shampoo also means that you do not need to wash your hair as much. Therefore you could use it when you know you have not got time to wash it for the next couple of days. I am currently using the Boots Expert Build Up Removal shampoo which is priced at an amazing £3.49, compared to the Bumble and Bumble Sunday Shampoo which does a very similar job (although is a little more luxurious) and is more than double the price. A little tip, I would not use these type of shampoos more than once a week as they can be very drying if you use it often. I also recommend using a very good conditioner when using this shampoo.

Once to twice a week, I swap my usual conditioner and I use a hair mask. I am currently loving Philip Kingsley Elasticizer and the L'Oreal Professional Absolut Repair Cellular Mask. Both leave my hair feeling incredibly soft and amazingly shiny! For a full review on these hair masks check out this link (here).

When I get out of the shower I spray Lee Stafford's Blow Dry Your Hair Faster Spray all over my hair. This is such an amazing invention, it does 5 things all in one spray! Most importantly it reduces the time it takes to blow dry your hair, which is a complete life saver for me as my hair takes so long to dry. It reduces the time it takes by just over 10 minutes, which means 10 less minutes of an aching arm. I think this product would be fab if you are on going on holiday or live in hot climates! This spray helps to detangle your hair, which it does very well indeed, makes your hair feel very smooth and reduces friction, protects your hair from heat of 220°C, and the spray also contains a little bit of hold to hold in your blow dry. This may seem a little far fetched, but this spray is such a life saver!

Next I use another Lee Stafford spray, called The Hair Growth Leave In Treatment. As the label suggests it is a spray which you spray on the roots of your hair, which makes your hair grow and feel much fuller! It also smells lovely. For a full review check out my review on it (here).

I then apply my Josie Maran hair oil, which I think has really improved the ends of my hair. It makes my hair feel so smooth, and it makes my hair look very shiny. However, not only is the oil for your hair, but as crazy as it seems it is for your face as well. As I have very oily skin it is not something I feel I need to apply every night. I tend to use the oil once a week, where I put two pea size drops into my hand and massage it into my face. It leaves my skin feeling very fresh and plump. This stuff would be amazing for all of you who have dry skin. Its simply a miracle oil.

The last step in my hair care routine is Herbal Essence Beautiful Ends Split End Protection cream. I do not think this product helps to improve the condition of your hair, but instead it seals your split ends so your hair does not look dry. If the ends of your hair are a little dry, I would definitely use this cream to make it look as if your hair is in tip top condition.

There you have it, everything I use on my hair to keep it long and in good condition. Please leave any recommendations of your favourite hair care products, as I am always looking for more to try out.

Yours Faithfully


3 comments:

  1. I also used to use the Herbal Essences Hello Hydration conditioner but when I put it in my hair it reacted weirdly to it and kind of smelt a little bit off putting... if you know what I'm saying!

    Madeline - Wonderland In A Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I have not experienced that problem yet!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for exploring best range of hair care product. I will share this best range of hair care product with my girl friend. She is also using some sort of hair care product for her hair care.

    ReplyDelete