Sunday 8 December 2013

Meet Kiko

Kiko is a relatively new brand for me as I have just started to see reviews about the products on blogs and YouTube. I have been looking at the makeup online for quite a while now, but I was thrilled to see Kiko has launched a shop on Regent Street London, just when I was heading to London. Lucky or what! When I was in Kiko I picked up a couple of products, the store was so lovely I could not resist...
Kiko is an Italian professional cosmetics brand. The products are of a high quality, yet the prices are very affordable. For example the eye shadows are priced at £2.90 and are very pigmented with an excellent colour range, what isn't to love! Kiko's vision on beauty is "Be What You Want to Be." This is reflected by their wide range of colours and products, which means everyone could find something that they love. Kiko has three stores all in London, which is very unlucky for the rest of us.  
When in the Kiko store I managed to restrict myself to just buying two items. The first product was a Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow in colour 4. This eye shadow is a cream eye shadow which is a creamy formula and is very easy to blend in with your finger. You do however have to work quite fast because it dries quickly. Once the eye shadow does dry, forget about lasting the 8 hours which it claims to, it does not budge until you remove your make up at the end of the day! As for the colour, it is a beautiful deep chocolate brown colour with a hint of shimmer running through it which is really pretty on the eye lids. In the day time I prefer the eye shadow applied to my eye lids, with a brown eye liner in my water line. For a night time look, I like to not only apply it on my eye lids, but smudge it under my water line. For an even darker smoky eye I also add a brown eye liner in my water line. If you are looking for a cream eye shadow I would highly recommend checking out this one and its fantastic colour range. I for one have my eye on a few more of the colours!
The second product I bought was the Lip Volume. This is for making your lips appear fuller, and to also make your lips feel smooth. It also adds a slight gloss to your lips which I think looks really pretty on camera. With this product you are meant to apply it twice a day, by rubbing it into your lips, you then feel a slight tingling sensation. I notice a little difference when I use it more regularly. However the effect does not seem to last long, so do not expect to look like Angelina Jolie! However, I think this product is perfect if you are looking for something to make your lips that little bit fuller. I will continue to use the product, but I think there may be better lip plumper on the market.  

Next on my wish list is to check out the eye shadow pallets and to get more eye shadow sticks!

Yours Faithfully

No comments:

Post a Comment