Thursday 31 October 2013

October Favourites


Its that time again! October is my favourite month of the year, probably because it was my birthday at the beginning of the month where I turned 22. This month I have loved using more autumnal colours, so I have a few exciting products to share with you all ...



Almost everyday throughout October I have been reaching for the Mac blush Small Vanity. It is sadly a limited edition colour from last years holiday collection, but there are plenty of similar colours on the market. The colour is a very pretty light plum colour, which does not transfer much colour onto the cheeks so it gives a light flush effect. I wish all of Macs products came in this packaging as I love the shiny black container.

At the beginning of the month my lovely sister (link to her blog) bought me a Mac eye shadow named Embark The colour is a dark reddish - brown, which I  have been pairing with All That Glitters and Cork, (Mac eye shadows) to create a smoky eye which I really enjoy wearing. The great thing about the eye shadow is that it can be applied really intensely, or dusted lightly over your eyes for a look suitable for an everyday look. I think the shadow would also look really pretty all over the eye lid, and smudged under the eye for a really smoky night time appropriate look.

It seems that I have really been loving Mac make up during October! As a birthday gift I received the Viva Glam 1 lipstick as a present from one of my lovely friends. Now as you all know I have been loving my deep lips (Link), so this colour will come as no surprise to you. The colour is a deep brownish, blue tone red with a matte finish. The blue tone within the lipstick is also meant to make your teeth look whiter! The colour is very similar to Dare You by Mac, but it is a little more on the red side which I think makes it such an amazing colour which I will be sporting throughout rest of the winter.

The beauty blender is something you may have seen in my USA haul (Link). It is a sponge which you use to apply your foundation and concealer, which gives you an airbrushed finish. I can not believe I did not buy this sooner!

When I think of hair mousse I always think of when I was a teenager and I used to use it to 'scrunch' my hair (I'm sure you all did the same)! However, the Umberto Giannini mousse is completely different to what I used to think of hair mousse. I apply it into my roots of my hair when it is damp. Then I blow dry it. The moose keeps my hair full of volume all day, and it also does not feel that I have anything in my hair which makes it even better! A really good hair mousse for you girls who like bigger hair like me!  

The Elemis Softly Softly Daily Moisturiser came with a magazine I picked up ages ago. At the end of September I finished all of my moisturisers so I thought I would give this one a whirl, and I LOVE it! It is a lovely light, non-greasy moisturiser, which is great for my oily skin. My skin can also react badly to some moisturisers, but this one has worked perfectly. It also smells amazing! If you are on the hunt for a moisturiser, this one is definitely worth a look at.

Yours Faithfully

No comments:

Post a Comment