Tuesday 22 October 2013

A/W 2013 Lipsticks

Mac Rebel (Link). Mac Dare you (Link).
As well as nail polishes, I also like to buy new lipsticks at the start of every season. When I was my reading magazines at the end of August I was thrilled to see that deep colours would be a must have lip colour again ...


Rebel by Mac is a beautiful deep plum colour, although it can appear a little pink on camera. It is a satin finish which means it is rich in colour and with a soft satin, semi matte finish. Some people find this finish the most drying out of all of the finishes, but personally I do not find this one drying at all! I absolutely love wearing this colour on my lips at the moment! I personally think this colour goes really well with a plum colour blush and simple eye make up.

Dare You by Mac is my most resent purchase out of the two, and I am so happy I bought it. A red lipstick has been on my very long wish list for quite a while, but I really wanted an up to date version. This lipstick ticked all the boxes! The colour is a lovely deep red, which I think looks amazing with a light smoky eye. The finish is a cremesheen which means the colour is creamy with a slightly glossy finish. Although this finish is not the most long lasting finish, it is one of my favourite finishes.

I think Mac lipsticks are absolutely amazing because they have a very large colour selection and I love the formulas. With all of my lipstick I coat them with Lipcote to make them last longer.

Even though many of you are probably thinking you are not brave enough to wear these lipsticks, you will be surprised how easy they are to wear! If you are like me and normally stick to nude lips, these deeper shades will take a little time getting used to. Now I just can not get enough of them.

Check out my Instagram @emmatudorx to see pictures of me wearing them.

Yours Faithfully


No comments:

Post a Comment