Thursday 2 January 2014

Calling All Health And Fintess Fans!

 Like many others over the Christmas period I very naughtily indulged in too many chocolates, and my usual gym routine flew out of the window. Even though I enjoyed over indulging, it is now time to get back into the swing of things and get back to healthy eating and exercising. I put this post together to help all of you kick start your new health and fitness plans!
Hot Water and Lemon
I have started to drink hot water and lemon every morning, as it has so many health benefits. These include:
 
1) Aids Digestion
2) Cleanses your system
3)Boots your immune system 
4) Balances pH levels
5) Clears skin
6) Energizes you and enhances your mood
7) promotes healing
8) Freshens breath
9) Hydrates your lymph system
10) Aids in weight loss

Drink more Water
One of the things I am going to start doing is drinking more water! To help me achieve this I bought a rather attractive pink Camelbak water bottle (750ml). The great thing about this bottle is you do not have to tilt it up to drink it, which is a great help when you are running. It also does not leak, which means I can carry it in my bag. My aim is to drink 2 to 3 of these bottles each day.

Clean & Lean Diet by James Duigan
This book is fantastic! I bought it to learn more about food and what foods are actually good and bad for you. Just in case you were wondering 'clean' means eating food from their natural state, and not processed. 'Lean' means being lean and healthy.

The book contains lots of very interesting information, great guidance, recipes, and an easy exercise plan. Although I already eat healthy, and I am not going to become strictly clean and lean, but I am going to adapt my usual diet which I am very excited about. If you are interested in food or becoming healthier, I would highly recommend giving this book a little read! (Link to book).
Breville Active Blender 
This is one of the best smoothie makers I have seen. You simply cut up fruit and put it into the bottle provided, screw the bottle into the blender, press the blend button, unscrew the bottle, place a lid on the bottle, and you are good to go! I get most of my recipes online, or I just throw in what ever fruit I have in my fruit bowl. Smoothies are great to have for breakfast, with your lunch, or as an afternoon snack. Drinking smoothies have made me feel a lot less bloated and a lot more energized.

In this smoothie I included, blueberries, 1 banana, 1 pear, water, and1 table spoon of low fat ice cream. I also love to include mangos, frozen berries which you can buy in a bag, kiwi, and pineapple.  
Breville Active Blender, £25 here.

I hope this helps all of you guys start your healthy eating, because it has definitely helped me!

Yours Faithfully,

11 comments:

  1. Hi, you have wonderful blog and great post, did we follow each other already? if not, would you like to follow each other? if you decided to follow me on BLOGLOVIN, please let me know so I can follow you back! thank you.

    xoxo, J
    www.love-joice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thank you very much! I have just followed you on Bloglovin, I would love if you followed me back :) xx

      Delete
  2. I always find healthy eating so difficult because I'm often not in the house around lunch time. This means I'm always getting a sandwich or some fast food which is never good! I think I'm going to try really hard to plan meals or carry something with me. Is water and lemon tasty? I can't imagine it being amazing! Love your blog girl x
    Chloe @ The Little Plum UK Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also find healthy eating difficult, but I also take a sandwich or salad and fruit to work with me which helps. Yes lemon and water is so tasty! You should definitely give it a go. It will make you feel better as well :). Thank you very much! X

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just checked your blog out. Thank you very much for nominating me. I will answer your questions in a couple of days! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that Camelbak water bottle. I recently purchased the same one around the holidays and I am addicted to it. You're right, it is indeed perfect for running. I love that you don't have to unscrew a cap every time you need a drink! Good luck on your health journey :)

    AmberandLace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also great because you don't have to tilt it up to drink from it. Thank you very much :) x

      Delete
  6. I've nominated you for the Liebster award as I love your blog! Just go onto my blog and read through my latest blog post to find out what you have to do! :-)

    Charli xx

    www.girlonthemoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete